Although according to the GSOC the coding has not started officially i’ve been working hard over the last weeks on BeaglePilot so that all of us can have flying linux machines as soon as possible ;).
Here’s my status so far:
- What has been accomplished?:
- Infrastructure set up (Wikis, repos, project page, etc.)
- Initial video launched.
- Userspace I2C driver for the InvenSense MPU-9150
- First steps towards the integration of the ArduPilot in the robot Erle (BeagleBone(white)-based)
- libraries/*/examples do compile now with the AP_HAL_Linux (make linux). Necessary to add the missing libraries.
- Deadlock in
setup()(initially _initialized variable discussion) addressed. Refer to https://github.com/BeaglePilot/ardupilot/commit/5189810651a2d0dd8d262ef30db404311c7829ce
- InvenSense MPU-9150 driver working if this fix is applied
- InvenSense MPU-9250 SPI userspace driver coded
- Unanswered questions about the driver’s functioning (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beaglepilot/apdfrT2fS-8)
- How are motor pins configured for AP_HAL_Linux?. Can’t find it.
- Issue with the MPU9150 sensor driver. Doesn’t work properly and gets stuck. Refer to this fix.
- Barometer MS5611 not detected. Seems like a hardware/design issue. Present both in the robot Erle and the PXF.
- Issue with the GCS parameters (refer to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beaglepilot/dQlxse11JNI). There’s also the UARTDriver to be checked.
- Plans for the next period:
- Keep coding userspace drivers